Monday, August 18, 2008

Western bound part duex

After my time spent with the cousins in co springs, I headed up to Boulder to say hi to some buddies. My original plan is to make it to the Rocky Mountian National Park Tues night, but after mild persuasion I ended up hanging out in boulder watching the Olympics instead.

Wednesday morning I headed into the mountains near the RMNP to do some mt biking at a place recomended by Josh called Hall Branch. Hall Branch was great, it had very technical climbs, flowy singletrack, and of course those spactscular co rocky views. The ride basically consisted of two sections, a rocky technical section going from the parking lot to the ridge summit, and then a brushed out singletrack loop on the ridge top. The climb was intense in the co summer heat and elevation but the technical aspect made it extremely enjoyable. After the climb the ride turned into a fast singletrack that linked banked turns to burm jumps followed imediately by another turn. This was by far the best designed trail section I have ridden so far. About the time I started thinking about that, I wiped out. After the singletrack I pointed the bike back down the mountain and bounced through the rock gardens back to the car. The decent was fairly uneventful and really made me wish I had more suspension.


View from Hall Branch bike trail, I think that's Long's Peak in the Background




Hall Branch Road Rash!!

After the ride I loaded up and headed due north to The Tetons in Wyoming. The drive was beautiful and plesent. I camped in the Grand Teton National Park Wednesday night in a new hammock I picked up at an REI in co springs. The hammock slept great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look a little Grizzly!

Pain is temporary, Glory is forever, and chicks dig scars!

Nice bloody arm!