Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hello Internet. Goodbye Summer.

As I'm sure everyone has noticed by now, the days are shorting up and its getting dark sooo damn early. This is seriously cutting into my outdoor activity time. So, as an alternative outlet for my a.d.d I'll be turning to the internet. First item of business, update this crazy blog.

Well, California is great.

I could do a all inclusive write up on everything that has gone down over the last 100 days but I think I'll just summarized it by saying I've been doing a lot of mountain biking. That has been consuming the bulk of my free time and I can't complain about that. The trails here are some of the best I've ridden with lot of variety. I got tired of getting lost so I got a GPS bike computer that keeps me on track and documents my ride stats. HERE is a list of some of the rides. If I were to describe my CA mountain biking experience with one word it would be: undersuspended (is that even a word?). The 29er hard tail is hanging in there, but I can't remember the last time I rode with another hard tail, and I for sure haven't seen any other 29ers. So maybe in the Spring I'll treat myself the a fancy full suspension ride, Giant makes a pretty good bike for easy money (Trance X1). If I make it through the ski season unscathed, I may look into picking one of these up.

Just last weekend we got the first real snow storm of the season and I couldn't be more excited. This fall I have been able to find some really great deals on skiiing exiptment so I've been slowly updating my ski closet. I was able to pull some strings and get a student season's pass to Sugar Bowl for real cheap. Sugar Bowl is only 45 minutes away and is far less traveled than the other Tahoe area mountains. With any luck I'll be posting about my first run shortly.

My current camera really sucks so I haven't many pics to document my travels so far. I hope to get a new camera soon, but until then, you can expect the blog posts to be quite boring. These few pictures are what I have and give a bit of a summary of the last 100 days.

The coast is 3 hrs away and a great weekend trip. I headed out and chilled on that rock for seveal hours one day.

Plenty of hiking/camping possibilities near GV, I'm not striking a Travolta here, I'm pointing out our route.

Headed to Reno for John Butler Trio Show. We had front center seats, the show was amazing.

More hike/camping (Sierra Buttes in the Background)

Classic Picture. We had to hike out the next day and did not want to make 2 trips.

Got some new skis. K2 Hippy Stinx. Why do I look 12 in this photo?

Hit up Tahoe finally for some mountain biking before the snow came, I was 1 week too late.

Did some hiking in the Desolation Wilderness along the southwestern shore of lake Tahoe.

Did some full-on snow camping and fine dinning.

And, just a little more beach.

So that's pretty much all the pics I have. I noticed a real lack of biking pictures, which is strange since that consumes most of my time. I'll try to get some more of those up soon.

Hopefully I'll post again soon. Cheers!

No comments: