Friday, April 25, 2008

"Gosh this year is flying by!"

The Weidinger Aging Theory:

Have you ever noticed that as you age, time seems to go by quicker and quicker. Think about it, every year you state that time is flying by that year. There is a crystal clear explanation for this:

When you are first born, day 1, the first hour is your FIRST hour alive. At hour 2, you have doubled your age. You now know everything learned the first half of your life plus everything that was learned in the second half of your life, it's like you get two hours of knowledge for the price of one, thereby making it seam like time is speeding up (x2). This analogy works for the first day, the first year, first decade and so forth. Until the mind starts forgetting massive amounts of information on a regular basis, time will always seem to go by faster and faster every year.

--------------------------

This sucks for me, all my life i've been like: "Man, if I can just make it through college, life will finally slow down and I can get my head on straight." Or "Man, if i can just make it through grad school, life will..." or "Man,..." Therefore there will never exist a better time for a break, a moment to rest and enjoy the hour/day/week, as the present. One will always think "once I get through ... , life will finally slow down and i can get it straight." If you don't break and work on it now, you'll never have a chance.

------------------------

I've got a lot to post, i've just been too busy and time has been flying by.

2 comments:

donatillo said...

wow, that is some travel on the narrow trails in the edge. If you need a pit stop for a chat come by some day... Donatilloarteaga@yahoo.com

I worked in diferent bike shops for many years , hope my service would make you happy at no charge. I live in Olivehurst Ca. Myspace.com has a bit about what I do on my weekend. under... Donatillo Arteaga

donatillo said...

Just went back to see the Mt climb and riding you did. Its a nice place.